Monday 10 March 2014

IVF Pregnancy - 35 Week Update

Hey everyone, I decided I am going to stop beating myself up about not posting every week.  Time is absolutely flying by and I am running to keep up.

I am now 35w3d pregnant and our miracle girl is due one month tomorrow!  I can't wait! 

Since my last update a month ago, we have been busy bees! 

I had my consultant visit on valentines day, at which point I was 32 weeks pregnant.  Everything was ok, although Emby was still measuring a week ahead and apparently has a chubby belly as her tummy measurements were the top end of normal (especially compared to the other measurements).  

They still have concerns about my iron levels, which have risen from 8.5 to 9.4 in the month since my iron dose was increased, but this is still below the 10.5 minimum it should be.   I had another blood test last week and we will review the figures at my next consultant appointment on Friday to see if an iron infusion is needed.

I also need to discuss my birth plan as my midwife thought it was unlikely I would be allowed to go to the birth centre if my iron stays low (what with also being consultant led).  I am not too concerned about going to the delivery suite, I just want her here safely, but it would be reassuring to know in advance where I will need to go. 

My bump is still expanding.... Seriously! How is she even fitting in there? Lol.  I have also started to earn my stripes, but she is worth every one. 

My sister threw me the most amazing baby shower last month.  It was so perfect to see all my friends and family and a little overwhelming.  We played lots of games and quizzes and Emby was completely spoilt.  I am so lucky to have such an amazing support system around me. 

I have started washing all the baby clothes and packed my hospital bag, so everything is feeling very real right now.  I so can't wait to meet her, but I will really miss being pregnant!  Especially as this is likely my only chance to experience it, so it makes me a little sad that it is going so fast. 

I will post again after our consultant appointment. 

Love to everyone xxxx 






No comments:

Post a Comment