Friday 7 February 2014

IVF Pregnancy - 31 Week Update

I have been a naughty blogger recently and not given you a pregnancy update since just after Xmas - but seriously, where has the time gone?! 

I am now 31 weeks pregnant and can't believe I only have 9 more weeks until my due date!  

Everything is going well, other than a little issue with anaemia (which is being resolved with a triple dose of iron each day) I am feeling pretty good.  My bump is extremely tight because she is getting so much bigger but luckily no stretch marks yet.... *touches wood* - I am not sure whether the twice daily splurge of bio oil is helping or whether I will just wake up one day with loads of them - but I don't really mind if they do appear because I am earning my stripes :) 

I am having a lot of braxton hicks, which are not painful but sometimes appear at the most awkward moments - like when you are rushing for the bus!  But they are reassuring that my body is getting itself ready and we are that much closer to meeting our miracle girl. 

We are still consultant led and everything was looking good at our scan and appointment at 28w. We are due to go in again next Friday (32w) for another check.  She is measuring slightly big but they don't seem too concerned about that. 

The nursery is pretty much finished other than a few sewing projects and as soon as we get a nice sunny day (wishful thinking?) I will take some photos and post a nursery tour. 

We found a beautiful dress from Next to use for her "coming home" outfit.  I haven't collected it from the shop yet so the photo below is just from their website. I have a cute cream cardigan and bunny tights to go with it - she is going to look so beautiful!  Well she would anyway, even without the dress, but this is something we can keep in her memory box after she outgrows it. 

I know we have all the essentials, at least for the first few weeks, but I can't help but get a little overwhelmed when I go down the baby aisles in the supermarket. After waiting so many years for this moment, everything seems to be running at super speed and I panic I won't be ready.  Normal momma to be nerves I am sure. 

I have sorted out my maternity leave with work and finish on Tuesday 25 March - six weeks on Tuesday!  Hopefully I will make it that far and get to spend some time chilling before she arrives.  I will be 37w4d when I leave work so hopefully I have left enough of a buffer before my due date, but I will technically be at full term so we shall see! 

It is getting harder to go to work, by the end of the week I am exhausted.  But I really want to spend more time off with her after she is born and don't want to waste my time off waiting, so I am determined to stick it out until 25 March unless I am medically advised otherwise. 

Rick is so excited to meet her, he talks and sings to her everyday so I hope she will recognise his voice when she is here.  

I will try to post more often, time is going so fast I often forget. 

A few of my TTC sisters have had BFP recently, sending love and wishing them all healthy and happy pregnancies. 

A few have not been so lucky so, as always, sending support, hugs baby dust and love to you all xxxxx 













No comments:

Post a Comment