Friday 4 July 2014

IVF - One Year Later...

Today marks the one year anniversary of my first IVF injection. 

What a year it has been! 

My three month old daughter is sleeping next to me and it still seems absolutely surreal that she is mine.   

Being a mum is just beyond words: amazing, challenging, life changing, emotional - nothing quite covers it.  It is simply the best thing I ever did.

Emby is now an 11 lb 8oz bundle of beautiful.  

She has a little personality of her own.  

She loves mama and daddy and always gives us the biggest smiles. 

She loves to giggle when you play with her.

She can go from full blown crying to the biggest mega watt smile in literally seconds.

She loves toys, but mainly her crinkly Lamaze dolly her Nainey gave to her. 

She hated her swing and bouncer for the first two months but will now tolerate them both. 

She has rolled from tummy to back twice, but is so close to getting it nailed. She wiggles side to side but just needs a little momentum.  

She has excellent head control and I don't think it will be that long before she sits up because she is quite independent and always wants to be looking around. 

She loves people watching and TV! 

She has been swimming 4 times and once she settles in the water she loves it.

She loves baths.... But not getting out and dressed. 

She has had her first visits to the beach and the park. 

She is starting to teethe and is a little dribble monster at the moment. 

She is a monkey to feed, takes ages and doesn't always finish a feed.

She is wearing 0-3 clothes but has worn a couple of 3-6 outfits this week - although they are quite big on her.

She is starting to sleep well at night *frantically touches wood*.

Mama will be very sad to leave her to return to work next month :(  

I am gutted I can't stay home with her but I will make the most of every second I am with her. 

She is my whole world.  I knew she would be, but still, it sometimes shocks me just how much I love her. 

If I could go back to that first scary injection last year, I would give myself a big hug and just tell myself......

"It's going to be so worth it" 

... Because it was! 

Xx


As always, congratulations to my TTC sisters who have recently had their miracle babies or BFPs.  Baby dust and love to those still waiting - stay strong lovelies xxxx 

















No comments:

Post a Comment