Tuesday 31 December 2013

IVF Pregnancy - Weeks 23-25 Xmas & New Year!


I am currently enjoying my last couple of days off work before returning on 2nd January.  I really am struggling to get the motivation to return, if I am like this after 9 days off.... what on earth will I be like returning after maternity leave?!  

I have been an extremely busy little bee while off, I have been careful not to overdo things but have tried to do a little bit of nursery stuff every day.  I have painted my bargain preloved eBay chest of drawers white to match the cot and have made lots of progress in painting my tree and animals on the walls. 

There is still lots to do but I am loving every second of getting everything ready for our beautiful daughter. 

I am having lots of movement the last couple of weeks and some issues with heartburn - although I wouldn't change a thing because she is worth all this and more.  She does have a habit of going really high up so she feels like she is in my ribs (either that or she has pushed all my other organs up) - little minx lol 

I saw the midwife today and everything is going well.  I have my consultant scan and appointment on the 17th so hopefully we will be able to see our girl and find out how she is doing in there. 

We had a lovely Xmas at my sister's house, it was really nice to be a part of my niece's first Xmas.  I was surprised, but delighted, that Santa hadn't forgotten Emby - she was spoiled with lots of presents from my family. 

We are having a quiet New Years Eve this year, just planning to snuggle up with hubby and bump in front of the TV. 

2013 has been a rollercoaster ride, but worth every second!  I spent the last three New Years Eves desperately hoping the next year would bring my dream - 2014 is going to be the best year of my life! 

I haven't got any New Year resolutions, other than to try every day to be the most amazing mother to my daughter. To never let myself forget for one moment what a blessing Emby is and how lucky I am.

Wishing everyone an amazing New Year! 

As always, sending love to my TTC sisters.  Always have hope, just because you may be starting the year in a low place doesn't mean you won't finish it on a high.  I hope 2014 will be your year! Xxxx 








No comments:

Post a Comment