Tuesday 28 May 2013

The IVF Diet....

Well this morning I stopped living in denial and braved the scales...... 

Well I am not at my heaviest but I am not far from it! 

But today is a new day!

I can expect to gain between 10-15 lbs during IVF so I want to try and lose a few lbs before I start the drugs.

I am starting my IVF diet today. I want to give this first round my best shot and try to minimise the gain.

Whilst it is not a recognised diet as such, these are a few pointers I found online which are worth trying:

- cut out caffeine
- reduce sugar
- cut out sweeteners
- increase protein
- increase fruit/veg
- no alcohol
- less processed food
- glass of milk or yogurt every day

Sounds pretty obvious when you think about it!

I would like to lose a few lbs before my drugs start in a few weeks, but the aim is to have a healthy round of IVF and give it my best shot.

Wish me luck! Xxx 





1 comment: