Thursday 3 October 2013

IVF Pregnancy - The End Of The 1st Trimester

Apologies to all my loyal followers for not posting an update since week 9!  This blogger is typing from the naughty step!  

I have really felt the tiredness and a lack of energy in recent weeks, but now that I am in my 2nd Trimester I hope to regain some of my former energy and will attempt to update more often. 

So what has been happening since week 9?

We officially booked in with our midwife, got ourselves a nice bounty pack (been waiting 3 yrs for one of those hehe) and settled in with the pregnancy symptoms. 

My nausea is almost completely gone, although I still have the odd run to the bathroom moment, at least the constant sick feeling has gone. Not that I complained once about the sickness, I just felt so lucky to even be in that position in the first place. 

We purchased our cot! Very early I know, but the one I had my eye on for ages was in the sale and I couldn't resist! It is a beautiful Mamas & Papas white sleigh style cotbed reduced from £499 to £225 - bargain!  We won't spend a huge amount on the rest of the nursery as I am a massive fan of upcycling and crafting, so will be buying second hand pine furniture and painting it up to match our yet undecided theme.

We also had our 12 week scan, which was completely amazing!  The only bad-ish part was having to hold the full bladder for an extra hour because my midwife had forgotten to discuss downs screening with us and they couldn't proceed until I had spoken to one of their midwives.  It was ok in the end though, I didn't pee on anyone and got to see Emby again.  Although my ultra full bladder did make some of the pictures a bit unclear. Everything was looking good and I was actually measuring 3 days ahead of my dates, although they have stuck with my official dates because they know they are accurate due to the IVF.

I have been spending loads of time with my little sister who is now almost 39 weeks pregnant with my niece.  It's so nice we are doing this together, although she is a good six months ahead of me.  Our babies will be in the same year at school and really close in age, which will be so amazing as they grow up together xx

Officially our next scan is at the end of November, which is when we can find out the gender.  I will be almost 21 weeks then, but we are quite tempted to have a private scan to find out early (you can have this from 16 weeks onwards). 

We are going to be consultant led initially due to the IVF so we have an appointment for this towards the end of October.  I think this is just to see whether we are high risk and need extra care etc. 

I will also have various midwife appointments and have to go for a flu jab in the next couple of weeks.

Everything is going so fast - I can't believe I am already 13 weeks and got our BFP almost 10 weeks ago! 

I will keep you posted, but as always, baby dust to my TTC sisters and love to all for following my journey xxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment