Wednesday 28 August 2013

IVF Pregnancy - The First Few Weeks

I was a little conscious of posting pregnancy weekly updates until I was sure the scan was ok.  We had this last Friday and so I thought I would do a little update for weeks 4-7 of pregnancy.

Week 4-5
We announced our BFP on Saturday 3rd Aug and the week that followed was insane. I went back to work on the Monday to lots of hugs and love, plus some pretty wicked presents from my amazing girls! I didn't really have sickness as such but was really tired and going to bed at around 9.30 each evening.  I had some twinges and cramping - nothing too concerning but I had to invest in a sleep bra as I had watermelon boobs every morning! 

Weeks 5-6
Nothing major happened this week, the twinges continued a little at the start of the week and by the end of the week I had a little nausea.

Weeks 6-7
The nausea started with a vengeance! I was sick quite a few times at home and work, which wasn't pleasant. But to be honest, even though the symptoms were not nice they were good indicators that things were going in the right direction, so in a way they made me happy. 

We also had our first scan at the fertility clinic on Friday and I measured at exactly 7 weeks, which matched my calculations based on my IVF dates.  My due date is officially 11 April.

The scan was amazing, the baby was just a little blob but it was the most beautiful blob in the world. The heartbeat was a tiny little flicker and was such a wow moment.  I have attached a photo, the big black circle is the sac and the peanut shaped blob to the right (marked by the crosses) is baby Hacker.

I am just so happy right now, it feels more real by the day, after three years of TTC it was bound to take a while to sink in.

I know how fortunate I am that the IVF worked first time for us, and I have so many TTC sisters still battling their own infertility journeys.  I wish each and every one of you that elusive BFP xxxx

I will be 8 weeks on Friday so will aim to post a weekly update each weekend xxx 








No comments:

Post a Comment